You will learn how to improve your SG.
Whether you’re from a large state university, commuter community college, or small private university, ASGA can help you. Whether you have a large budget or a small one, ASGA can help you. ASGA will help you solve pressing problems, improve recruiting, raise voter turnout, boost your image, and earn more respect from administrators, students, and staff.
Through ASGA’s member resources and support, you’ll learn the skills that will help your SG accomplish some truly great and important work on behalf of your constituents — your fellow students.
What you learn through ASGA can help you turn your Student Government into one of the best in the nation!
With ASGA’s help and support, your SG will learn how to:
- Improve voter turnout
- Enhance your SG’s image
- Get more students to run for office
- Gain more power and influence for your SG
- Motivate your members to stay involved
- Boost turnout at your events
- Implement Web elections
- Find out how to maximize your budget
- Recruit new members—and retain them
- Get the average student to care about Student Government
- Improve relations with your administrators
- Attract publicity for your important projects
- Run ethical and effective campus elections
- Get students involved at commuter campuses
- Gain real power and influence on your campus
- Get a vote on your institution’s board of trustees
- Attract a strong, competent, and committed advisor
- Develop traditions and awards to spur greater student loyalty
- Get the most from conferences and conventions you attend
- Deal with conflict in your organization that’s tearing you apart
- Learn why your SG shouldn’t start an “alternative” paper
- Deal with stifling rules and administrators at private institutions
- Offer compensation to attract committed and competent leaders
- Develop a transition plan—new officers shadowing outgoing ones
- Survey your students so you really know what they want from their SG
- Build coalitions with different and often-opposing groups and clubs
- Get along better with the campus press, and get them to cover you
- Organize your office & organization to allow you to seamlessly move between administrations
- Deal with stress during your term and the feelings of letdown when it’s over
- Deal with the egos of your fellow officers and members
- Prevent your administrators from sidestepping and delaying your requests
- …and much more
For more information, call toll-free 1-877 ASK ASGA (1-877-275-2742) or write email@example.com.