ASGA Will Conduct Research for You.
Need to know what other Student Government budgets are? Structure? Activity fees? Election turnout? Compensation for SG officers?
ASGA conducts research for members at no charge (for most requests). Just ask! Non-members pay $400 an hour.
Hundreds of institutions usually respond, which gets you the data you need.
Start the Research Process
Fill out ASGA’s Research Request Form below.
ASGA reviews your request and will e-mail if we need clarification.
Your Request is In the Queue
ASGA is constantly conducting research, so you will have to be added to the queue. We’ll get to your request as quickly as possible.
ASGA Gathers Responses
ASGA will keep you informed of progress and will present the results in a final report. This whole process usually takes two to four weeks from start to completion.
ASGA Posts the Results
If the information is not confidential, we will post it in the SG Database so any member can benefit in the future.
■ ■ ■
- Women in SG—ASGA’s research on the percentage of women serving
- Elections—ASGA’s nationwide study of student government election norms
- Student Activity Fees—ASGA’s research on fees that fund student governments and activities
- Voter Turnout Nationwide—ASGA’s research on SG elections
- Smoking Policies—ASGA’s research on campus smoking policies
- SG Names—ASGA’s research on the most common names for Student Government
- RHA vs. SG—ASGA’s research on the relationships between Residence Hall Associations and SGs
- Card-Swipe Systems—ASGA’s research about card-swipe systems used for guests in residence halls
- SG Budget Comparison—ASGA’s research on select private institutions in Pennsylvania